Friday, June 17, 2011

My Father's Voice

For my father, Walter L. Smith, Sr.


I can still remember my father’s voice as a little girl calling me by my nickname, Ne-Ne. Then suddenly as if on wings like an eagle I would make haste to see what he wanted and then sit listening to hear what he would have to say to me.

Now that the process of time has caught up with the both of us, still at the age of forty-four when I hear my father’s voice calling my name while talking on the phone with him, I began to quiet down and then listen intently so that I am able to hear all that he would have to say to me.

When I hear the voice of Father God, my Abba Father, calling my name, I make it a point to immediately run and jump into His loving arms. Then I wait in anticipation, quietly listening to hear what He would have to say to me.

Learning to recognize and cherish the voice of my natural Father helped to prepare me to hear the voice of my heavenly Father.

Today, if you hear His voice, harden not your heart, but open up your ears to hear and receive that which is on the heart of your Heavenly Father.

© 2011 by Arnita L. Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment