Thursday, January 17, 2013

Spiritual Turbulence

On yesterday afternoon while flying from Tennessee to Wisconsin, the aircraft I was on experienced severe turbulence. As I sat in my seat, I felt an overwheming sense of peace envelope me. As I listened to the murmuring of those around me, I sat in my seat said a prayer and began to look out the window. As we encountered the turbulence and the plane shook, the pilot took the plane up higher and higher until we were able to bear some of the wind.

As I looked  at the mass of heavy clouds below us, I saw how amazing God is as the Sovereign creator that He is. In all of His wisdom, when we are faced with any kind of turbulence, He is right there to usher in a wave of peace for which we have to openly embrace. His peace allows for us to rise above the turbulence going on below us. It may not take it away, but it does make it easier to deal with.

The word of the Lord in Isaiah 59:19 reads, " So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him." AKJV

When the enemy comes in to try to turn your focus to the negative, God is right there to help you set your face like flint. No matter what is going on around you know that God is truly a present help. On today why not allow yourself to choose wisely, the peace of God verses fear or confusion.

Blessings & Love,

A Scribe of the Lord, a Scribe for the Lord


No comments:

Post a Comment