Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Potter's Clay


Isaiah 64:8

Yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.


In this season as the Father is bringing forth His divine alignment in the earth and throughout the Body of Christ, it will be necessary as Christians to submit and be pliable to the winds of change.  Despite what we may have been accustomed to in this last season as well as in the seasons before; total submission of our vessels to God will allow for us to fully enjoy the benefits being made available.  Although this scripture in Isaiah is written as a call and plead for help from the Father against their enemies, the children of Israel realized that no matter what, they were clay and God was the Potter.

The process of taking clay and forming it into a beautiful vessel takes skill, patience and love. In the book of Genesis when God created Adam, he was formed from the dust and God blew into him the breath of life. It was at this moment that Adam became as God created Him; fearfully and wonderfully made. Wikipedia online describes clay in this manner:

There are several materials that are referred to as clay. The properties of the clays differ in: Plasticity, the malleability of the body; porosity, the degree to which the fired pottery will absorb water; and shrinkage, the degree of reduction in size of a body as water is removed. The various clays also differ in the way in which they respond to different degrees of heat when fired in the kiln. Each of these different clays are composed of different types and amounts of minerals that determine the resulting pottery. There are wide regional variations in the properties of raw materials used for the production of pottery, and this can lead to wares that are unique in character to a locality. It is common for clays and other materials to be mixed to produce clay bodies suited to specific purposes.”

Just as the first man Adam was created for a specific purpose, so are we. As seen in the description about the clay above, we see that there are various types of clay and that some even contain different amounts of minerals. With this thought in mind, we the people of God are all clay before the Father, and even though He formed and fashioned each one of us individually; we must understand that we all may not have the same type and mixture of clay. Some may have a greater mixture in some areas than others but none the less; we all have to submit and remain pliable in the hands of the Master Potter.

After being called into the ministry in the 90's, at first I did not heed the call of God that was upon my life because of fear of what to do with what I heard. Years later after accepting the call and attending ministry school in Nashville, Father continued to shape and mold me as the seasons changed and the new ones came forth. During this time I wrote the poem below and shared it with my classmates because I had been thinking about dropping out of the class which was now in its 2nd year because I was experiencing some hardships in many areas of my life.

The funny thing about me not wanting to be pliable in God’s hands was that I was not the only one. In fact, we all had hardships which tried to take our focus off of the future plans of God for each of our lives. But in the end; I had to die and submit to what Father was speaking to me individually. Which now leads to the last point; it does not matter what you have been or are going through even at this very moment, know that God has created and shaped you to handle anything that comes your way. You are fearfully and wonderfully made and designed with a purpose. Keep this reminder in your heart concerning all things, Father God is the Potter and you are His clay, humble your heart and die to yourself and let the Father always have His way.

April 11, 2012

Blessings & love,

Arnita L. Fields

A Scribe of the Lord, a Scribe for the Lord


References:


http://biblebrowser.com/isaiah/64-1.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pottery

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
Humbled Again

Hard and gritty with a shape that was unknown, I was an unshaped blob of pottery moved from the shelf to on the floor, in a room all alone.

I had lost that original beautiful shape in which I was uniquely made.
I thought I was the same not even noticing my color had even darkened a shade.

As I sat alone in the darkness of this room on the floor, I soon realized that it was my attitude that had changed and I had allowed pride to enter through my heart's door.

Now repenting, but grateful, I ask the Potter for more mercy and for grace. As I repented for my shortcomings and how I allowed the pride of life to pull me down from my place.

Immediately the door is opened and a bright shining light fills the room.
I'm happy and elated as the entrance of the Potter makes me forget my previous gloom.

He picks me up so gently and holds me in His hands. I'm overwhelmed with love for Him as He places me back on that grand old potter's stand.

He wets me down with water as to soften up my old frame. He mixes in a special blend of clay that won't dry right away.

The Potter sits me back out on the shelf not far from the bottom row. It will take some time for me to dry out and adjust to my new mold.


Arnita L. Fields (c) 2002



 
If you are in need of Jesus the Savior, you are welcome to pray the following prayer.

Prayer of Salvation
I repent of all of my sins and right now I do confess that Jesus is the Son of God and that He died for the remission of my sins. I believe that Jesus died and was buried and rose again, and is now seated at the right hand of God in Heaven. I receive Him now as Lord of my life and I now commit to serve him for the rest of my days.

It’s in Jesus’ name I do pray, Amen.

If you have just prayed this prayer and want more information about beginning your new life as a Christian, please call or write us, we will be happy to send you a free booklet.












No comments:

Post a Comment